Portsmouth Anglers Club is looking for a smart, young angler to be the recipient of the Portsmouth Anglers Club Memorial Scholarship. The scholarship, worth up to $1,000, may be given to a graduating senior who is heading off to a recognized college, university, or trade school.
All five of the following requirements must be met by the participant:
- Recipient shall be under the age of 25 years old.
- Recipient must be an Anglers Club Member of a Tidewater Virginia Club or dependent of a current member in good standing and the recipient or the member upon whom he or she is the dependent, must have been with the club for a minimum of two (2) consecutive years.
- Recipient and sponsor (the member of which they are a dependent) must have participated in Anglers Club activities.
- Recipient must have angling achievements for which they have been recognized.
- Recipient must be academically proficient.
Deadline for application submission is July 1, 2020. Mail all applications to the Portsmouth Anglers Club Memorial Scholarship Committee, c/o Portsmouth Anglers Club, P. O. Box 7842, Portsmouth, VA 23707.